We’re incredibly excited to share our vision for the new Everyday Feminism, what we’re calling EF 2.0!
And with your help, we’ll bring it to you in 2018.
In true EF style, here are 3 things we think you’ll love about the new Everyday Feminism:
1) A Beautiful New Site Design
Let’s be honest, the current Everyday Feminism site was built for functionality, not aesthetics. Forced to make room for ads, our user experience really took a backseat to financial necessity.
In March, we want to bring you a beautiful new site that puts both aesthetics and the user experience front and center.
Quick to load, easy to navigate, a joy to look at and explore — all the things you deserve when spending time with us.
We can’t wait to totally transform your experience on our site for the better, whether on mobile, desktop, or tablet.
2) An Online School for Social Justice
You, our readers, have told us over and over that what you love most about our articles is how they help in your real, everyday lives.
Starting in 2018, we want to give you an even deeper level of support through an expanded offering of webinars and online trainings, in addition to the existing magazine.
Released on a monthly basis, our new online offerings will go more in-depth than is possible in our articles, helping you create truly transformative change in your life.
The webinars and trainings will walk you through powerful journeys of healing and help you work more effectively with your own areas of privilege.
3) No. More. Ads.
Trust us when we say: we hate the ads — perhaps even more than you do.
So, starting with the launch of the new site, there will be no more external ads and definitely no more ‘bad ads’ (like redirects) that have been such a pain for all of us.
We’re so looking forward to this one!
What isn’t changing in EF 2.0 is everything you already love about Everyday Feminism — our amazing articles, our incredible, diverse writers, our culture and commitment to doing this work with love.
If you’re also excited about this new vision for EF — please help us make it happen!
We want to raise $30,000 to support the launch of EF 2.0.
So, whether you can donate $10 or $100, your support right now will make a huge difference in helping us make this dream a reality. We can’t do this without you!
Why We’re Asking For Your Support
Here’s the thing – Everyday Feminism strives to pay people fair wages, amplify marginalized voices, and fight everyday oppression.
And none of those things are valued in our society or deemed as “profitable” – not when Huff Po doesn’t pay their contributors or when “women-friendly” (but not actually intersectional feminist) sites are getting million dollar investments.
We know that Everyday Feminism is a unique platform. We:
- Are led completely by people of color and who are predominately queer
- Approach social justice work through an inside-out and educational lens, helping you break down and stand up to the everyday oppression that you encounter in your daily lives
- Provide resources that you can share with others so you don’t feel like you have to do that emotional labor of educating them
- Are dedicated to an activist praxis based in compassion, starting with self-compassion
- Are completely bootstrapped and operate on a shoe-string budget
We know that what we offer is different from every other feminist website out there. And we know that you know that, too!
And we want to do even more — because that’s what these times call for.
We need your support to make this vision of a new Everyday Feminism come to life. Help us give you the kind of support we all deserve in times like these!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I send my donation via PayPal? When you click to donate via the Donation box, select the “PayPal” option instead of “Credit Card” – or you can send it through this link.
- Where can I mail a check? Please make it payable to Everyday Feminism and mail it to 75 N Woodward Ave #87683, Tallahassee, FL 32313.
- How can I donate via telephone? Please let us know via our Contact Us form.
- Do you accept international donations from outside of the US? Yes, we do accept credit cards from outside of the US. If you prefer to not use one, though, you can also send it via PayPal. Please just make sure you’re donating the desired amount since the amounts listed are in US dollars.
- Want to support through in-kind donations or sponsorships? Please let us know via our Contact Us form!
- How do I know if my donation went through on this site? After you donate, you should be sent to a thank you page and receive an e-mail receipt of your donation. If you did not, please let us know via our Contact Us form and we will work it out.
- How will these donations be used? We will use them to support our incoming revenue as we develop and launch new programming to support people fighting for social justice in this current political climate.
- What are your major expenses? We run a pretty lean organization in terms of overhead with 80% of our expenses paying for staff, benefits, and posts. Within our limited financial resources, we strive to pay equitably and pay for all posts, including even cross-posts – even though the industry norm is to pay nothing or a pretty low fee for even original posts. And since we’re a bootstrapped independent media organization comprised primarily of queer people of color, the money to pay for this important work doesn’t come from venture capitalists or a large media conglomerate – which is sometimes the case for other media sites.
- Is this donation tax-deductible?: No, it is not tax-deductible since we’re a social justice committed organization, but not a non-profit.
Still got questions? Please ask them in our Contact Us form!