Help Sustain Everyday Feminism!
But across the board, ad rates have dropped this year and media organizations, including us, are being hit hard. Many have had to lay off staff or even shut down completely.
We’re not going to go down so easily.
We know our community of readers won’t let this valuable resource that you use regularly to just slip away because ad rates are dropping.
But we need your help to buy time while we create a kick-ass membership program to help you further up your feminist game.
Why We’re Asking For Donations
Here’s the thing – Everyday Feminism strives to pay people fair wages, amplify marginalized voices, and fight everyday oppression.
And none of those things are valued in our society or deemed as “profitable” – not when Huff Po doesn’t pay their contributors or when “women-friendly” (but not actually intersectional feminist) sites are getting million dollar investments.
We know that Everyday Feminism is a unique platform. We:
- Are led completely by people of color and who are predominately queer
- Approach social justice work through an inside-out and educational lens, helping you break down and stand up to the everyday oppression that you encounter in your daily lives
- Provide resources that you can share with others so you don’t feel like you have to do that emotional labor of educating them
- Are dedicated to an activist praxis based in compassion, starting with self-compassion
- Are completely bootstrapped and operate on a shoe-string budget
We know that what we offer is different from every other feminist website out there. And we know that you know that, too!
And the truth is this – we can’t survive without you.
Everyday Feminism need community support – your support – in order to remain financially sustainable. Otherwise, we simply cannot continue to exist.
And we hate that.
We wish that our work was so deeply valued in society that anti-oppression was the status quo.
We wish that we didn’t depend on your financial support to keep us going – because trust us, we know how little money there is to go around.
But this is what we’re hoping.
We’re hoping that if you see the value in the work that we do and want Everyday Feminism to remain a free resource to help change the world, that you will be willing to donate to us.
Whether it’s $50 or $5, you can give whatever you can, and we mean that – every dollar counts. Every dollar shows that our community is committed to this fight for personal and social liberation.
And every dollar that comes in buys us time to think through how to be more independently financially sustainable, battling the frustrating ongoing situation of unstable media industry.
And soon, we’ll be rolling out super cool membership program with awesome perks for those of you who are a part of it.
So if you want Everyday Feminism to continue helping you on your social justice journey, please donate now.
Because Everyday Feminism is necessary.
Especially at a time when unapologetic white supremacists are in power.
Especially when so many people are waking up to what it means to protest for the first time.
Especially when millions of readers from across the world visit our website every month, seeking strategies for healing from systemic oppression and for inclusive, compassionate activism.
Help make sure Everyday Feminism can continue helping you and others to resist and co-create a better, more loving, and just world, starting with yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I send my donation via PayPal? When you click to donate via the Donation box, select the “PayPal” option instead of “Credit Card” – or you can send it through this link.
- Where can I mail a check? Please make it payable to Everyday Feminism and mail it to 75 N Woodward Ave #87683, Tallahassee, FL 32313.
- How can I donate via telephone? Please let us know via our Contact Us form.
- Do you accept international donations from outside of the US? Yes, we do accept credit cards from outside of the US. If you prefer to not use one, though, you can also send it via PayPal. Please just make sure you’re donating the desired amount since the amounts listed are in US dollars.
- Want to support through in-kind donations or sponsorships? Please let us know via our Contact Us form!
- How do I know if my donation went through on this site? After you donate, you should be sent to a thank you page and receive an e-mail receipt of your donation. If you did not, please let us know via our Contact Us form and we will work it out.
- How will these donations be used? We will use them to support our incoming revenue as we develop and launch new programming to support people fighting for social justice in this current political climate.
- What are your major expenses? We run a pretty lean organization in terms of overhead with 80% of our expenses paying for staff, benefits, and posts. Within our limited financial resources, we strive to pay equitably and pay for all posts, including even cross-posts – even though the industry norm is to pay nothing or a pretty low fee for even original posts. And since we’re a bootstrapped independent media organization comprised primarily of queer people of color, the money to pay for this important work doesn’t come from venture capitalists or a large media conglomerate – which is sometimes the case for other media sites.
- Is this donation tax-deductible?: No, it is not tax-deductible since we’re a social justice committed organization, but not a non-profit.
Still got questions? Please ask them in our Contact Us form!