Everyday Feminism strives to maintain a respectful, engaging and thoughtful community. If you wish to participate in the discussion, we ask that you adhere to the guidelines below and to the spirit of the community we seek to create.
Community Standards and Guidelines
Please follow these guidelines in order to create a safe, respectful community
- Participate in conversations in response to our content and take responsibility for your comments.
- Be careful about blurring fact and your personal opinion and consider carefully how your words could be (mis)interpreted or (mis)represented.
- Link to sources for facts or statements you reference and encourage others to do likewise.
- Don’t reward disrespectful, disruptive comments with attention. Instead report them by filling out the Contact Us form here.
- Protect your privacy. Never share private information such as a mailing address or phone number in your comment.
In order to support a safe, respectful community, we will review and moderate all comments that readers submit. We do not censure any particular view as long as it offered with respect toward others, shared in good faith for an actual discussion, and isn’t harmful, off-topic, or trolling.
Everyday Feminism does reserve the right to edit or delete any comments that:
- Promote anti-feminism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, racism, classism, religious discrimination, ageist,sizeist, ableist, or any other form of ignorance, discrimination, or hatred toward any group of people.
- Intend to threaten, harass, ridicule, silence, or personally attack another reader or team member of Everyday Feminism.
- Blame someone, particularly people sharing their personal stories, for their issues.
- Contain lewd, violent, or profane commentary or images.
- Engage in “Oppression Olympics” where you try to prove one group of people are more oppressed than another to minimize or invalidate the group’s experiences or make it seem like your group is the only one to experience oppression.
- Derail the conversation to a tangential topic that doesn’t further the conversation regarding the article’s content.
- Troll by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
- Are spam and commercial in nature.
This is not an exhaustive list and other types of comments that threaten the community spirit will be deleted.
Everyday Feminism reserves the right to to block access to persons who violate these policies and guidelines.
How to Report a Violation
Please report any violations by completing the Contact Us form here. Thank you for helping us in preserving our community’s sense of safety and respect.