Every month, over 300,000 people read our online magazine to learn how to address different struggles in their life through feminism.
For many, this may be the first time they don’t feel alone and feel like hope is possible. And we’re so happy to be that loving, welcoming place for them to begin their healing process and stand up for themselves.
At the same time, we know that for many of us, we need a deeper level of support to create the change we want in our lives.
To provide that deeper level of support, we’re offering Everyday Feminism’s flagship course – Everyday Self-Love: Turning Self-Love Into A Daily Habit.
This course is designed to help you use self-love to heal from and stand up to oppression. As Audre Lorde said, “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.”
For this course, I’ve synthesized my professional experience supporting survivors of violence and abuse, my own personal healing and life transformation process, and my training in life coaching.
I’ve distilled years of hard-earned experience into a 90-day online course with a simple, clear process so that you can learn how to practice daily self-love more quickly, more easily, with a whole community of support behind you.
Normally a 3-month personal development course with group coaching would easily cost around $300. But we’re committed to making this course more accessible through a special low price, referral discounts, and scholarships.
And to sweeten the deal, I’m throwing in two early bird bonuses. The first 10 people get a free one-on-one coaching session with me ($150 value) and the first 20 people get a $15 discount off their next purchase from our Feminist Pride Shop.
Registration closes on Friday, November 1st. So if you’re ready to enroll, don’t put it off!
I hope to see you on the inside!
Founder of Everyday Feminism and
Everyday Self-Love Course Leader
Join a supportive community of feminists who are all on the journey to developing greater love and acceptance for themselves.
Led by Sandra Kim, you’ll learn how to:
- Be resilient to toxic messages within yourself and from others
- Honor and communicate your needs and wants
- Accept your internal experiences as they simply are with compassion, not judgement
- Find validation within yourself and prioritize your own truth
By taking daily actions that show yourself that you have inherent self-worth, you’ll develop greater self-confidence to just be your authentic self.
At the heart of feminism is the belief that every person has inherent self-worth and deserves to be treated with respect and humanity regardless of their social identity and place in society.
Yet in our society filled with ‘isms’, we’re bombarded with the message that we are not good enough, not important enough, not competent enough, or not lovable enough.
We are told that there is something wrong with us when they laugh at us for being fat or gay; blame us when we are assaulted; dismiss our opinions as being ‘emotional,’ and the list goes on.
In the face of all this, it’s no surprise that we:
- Feel shame, judgment, and even hatred toward ourselves, our bodies, and our lives
- Seek approval from others, rather from ourselves, and crumple inside when we don’t get it
- Lack the self-confidence to believe we even deserve our dreams, much less can achieve them
But the reality is you have inherent self-worth and deserve to be treated with love and compassion by the most important person in your life – YOU.
And as feminists, self-love is critical to our work in ending the everyday violence, exploitation, and discrimination that we face.
We need to believe that we are worthy of respect if we are to stand up to injustice. We need to believe we deserve to be treated better if we are to demand it from the world.
But most importantly, you deserve to be able to give yourself the love and acceptance you need.
For Turning Self-Love Into A Daily Habit
You’ll begin to separate out the toxic voices you hear from your own voice by:
- Identifying how and where toxic self-talk flares in your life
- Seeing where the toxic messages that you’ve internalized have come from
- Learning why ignoring or trying to “control” the toxic voices actually makes them stronger
- Understanding that you don’t have to be “perfect” in order to deserve self-respect and self-love
Lesson 2: Counter Toxic Self-Talk
You’ll begin to create new patterns of thinking to counter your toxic self-talk and affirm your inherent self-worth by:
- Identifying the mistaken beliefs we carry about ourselves and the world that underly the toxic voices
- Understanding the psychological dynamic behind why these messages are so limiting and damaging
- Freeing yourself from the toxicity within the message
- Creating positive affirmations that affirm your self-worth and promote your well-being
- Having a go-to response for when toxic voice flares
Lesson 3: Heal the Hurt Within
You’ll begin to understand and sooth the hurt that’s led to the toxic voices by:
- Connecting the toxic voice with its original pain and fear from when you were overwhelmed and/or traumatized
- Seeing the original hurt as separate in order to develop a loving relationship to it similar to inner child work
- Understanding the roadblocks to healing the hurt within and how to navigate them
- Getting to the source of the toxic voice by attending to the hurt behind
Lesson 4: Honor Your Voice and Needs
You’ll practice bringing forth your voice and honoring your needs by:
- Understanding why it’s so hard to hear you own voice and acknowledge your own needs
- Seeing how you can honor your needs, even when you don’t feel ready to act on them
- Learning where your true power comes from
- Doing a guided visualization to meet the person you wish to be in the future to flesh out your voice
In addition to everything already in the course, we’re including these 5 bonuses to help you sustain your practice of self-love after you’ve completed it:
Still have questions? Here are answers to some common ones, but contact us if you have others!
How will I access everything?
When the course starts on Monday, November 4th, you will receive an email providing directions on how to access the private Everyday Self-Love course members section on the Everyday Feminism website. From there, you will be able to access all written materials, recordings, schedule of live sessions, and the online forum. You will also receive regular emails notifying you of when new lesson materials are available and reminders on the weekly action plans and group coaching sessions.
How are the group coaching sessions done? What happens if I miss one?
They are 60 minute telephone conference calls on 11/12, 11/26, 12/17, and 1/7 at 8 pm EST / 5 pm PST. A recording and transcript of the live session are made available for people who aren’t able to attend. If you have a question to ask but miss the call, you can always ask Sandra in the online forum.
While it’s great for people to share on a live call, we understand that many people will not be able to make them due to other time commitments or time zone differences. That’s why these live group coaching sessions are supplementary and not primary to the course.
I would like to take this course but can I justify spending money on myself?
For some people, they don’t have the additional money to spend on a course (see next question below). For others, they may have the money but feel uncomfortable spending it on something that’s just for their own benefit. Needless to say, we think you’re worth it!
Regardless if you enroll in this course, please remember, you still deserve to be able to love yourself and focus on your needs.
If I don’t have the extra money to pay for this course right now but I really want to take it, what should I do?
We’ve purposely underpriced this 3-month course at $97 (the equivalent of just $8 per week) to make it more financially accessible. However, we understand that within our community, even $8 per week may be too much for some. So here are some ways to manage the fee and still access the course:
- Pay in 3 monthly installments of $32: If you can’t pay the full price all at once, you can pay it in 3 installments. Click here to do so.
- Refer someone: If someone signs up and writers that you referred them in the Order Notes at the Checkout, you will get 25% of the fee ($24) refunded to you. So if you get 4 friends to join you, you get the course for free! Note that this also retroactive, so it’s ok if you’ve already signed-up, you’ll still get the discount!
- Apply for a scholarship: As part of our commitment to social justice and accessibility, Everyday Feminism has a scholarship fund that receives $1 of every $4 earned from course sales. Click here to learn more.
Is there a repeat customer discount?
Yes, there is a 15% discount! If you’ve enrolled in one of our previously offered online courses and are enrolling in a new one, please write which course you took in the Order Notes at the Checkout. And we’ll email you back to confirm that we’re refunding you 15% of the course fee.
Is the course accessible for people with a hearing impairment?
Yes, it is. Everything in the course is available in a written format except for the group coaching sessions, which occur over the telephone. However the group coaching sessions are transcribed by our team and people unable to participate in the call can still ask Sandra any questions on the forum.
Can I take this course instead of getting one-on-one therapy?
The course is not intended to replace therapy sessions with a licensed counselor or psychologist since it is an online course with limited individual support. Additionally Sandra is a life coach and not a mental health professional and is not qualified to work with people with serious psychological issues, such as substance abuse, major depression, and personality disorders. If you are struggling with such issues, we recommend you seek counseling first. If you currently are in therapy, this course can be a strong complement, which you can discuss with your counselor.
If you sign up, go through the first month, and aren’t 100% satisfied, we’ll refund your money.
So there’s no risk to signing up and getting the support you deserve.