Jamie is a diversity and inclusion consultant and sexual violence prevention educator based in Minneapolis, MN. Since 2004, Jamie has been inspiring audiences all over the United States to combat prejudice, bigotry, and hate in all its forms. One of the most dynamic new voices for change and inclusion today, his interactive presentations have empowered thousands to take personal accountability for making this world a better place.
Jamie is also Founder & Director of Education of CivilSchools, a comprehensive bullying prevention program that engages all the stakeholders in your educational community to transform culture and climate. Aiming to move beyond an over-simplified focus on bullying, CivilSchools empowers educators, students, and parents with the critical tools necessary to build a culture of civility in which bullying is no longer a part of campus climate.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Book Jamie Now!
To arrange to have Jamie speak at your event, please complete this form here and we will be in touch soon. His presentations include:
- Yes Please! Making Consent Fun and Sexy – Too often, asking for and giving consent is treated like a wet blanket in sexual relationships, but consent has the power to be one of the sexiest and most exciting aspects of any sexual relationship. Jamie turns traditional consent conversations on their head with fun, engaging conversations and activities guaranteed to make sexual consent clearer and far sexier. For a preview, check out Jamie’s article entitled, “Want the Best Sex of Your Life? Just Ask!” or watch this video of him speaking on the “7 A’s of Hooking Up”
- Party On! Building Sex Positive Party Culture – One of the grim realities of sexual violence is its close connection to party culture. Party On offers participants tools for transforming party culture by pairing participant experiences with research about safer, more sex-positive party culture to empower everything to make their next party simultaneously more fun and more sex-positive. For a preview, check out Jamie’s article entitled, “Booze, Booty Shaking, and Backroom Hookups: Making College Party Culture Sex-Positive”.
- Man Up: Building Positive Masculinity – Long overdue is a reconstruction of masculinity. The time has come for a more inclusive, non-violent, loving, and positive vision of what it means to be a man. Traditional understandings of masculinity restrict men to tiny boxes that not only hurt those around us but that keep us from fully realizing ourselves as men. Man Up engages men in a critical reevaluation of their masculinity in hopes of changing the role that masculinity plays in our lives, leading men in a groundbreaking change with powerful implications for our communities.
- The Wall – The Wall engages participants to think critically about intersections of power, oppression, and privilege by understanding our own identity and our own role in challenging oppression. Offering hands-on tools for building more inclusive communities, Jamie’s most popular and requested presentation is sure to have a powerful impact in your community. An interactive presentation that can easily be adapted for audiences of any size.
- The Antidote – A fun, engaging, and hilarious keynote with a serious message, this presentation gives students an understanding of how they can personally act to build a more inclusive school environment. To learn more, check out Jamie’s video on Student UPstander Intervention Training.
All topics can be adapted to be presentations, keynote speeches, or workshops and can be tailored to the audience. If you don’t see a topic that quite meets your needs but think we can cover it, just let us know. We are also willing to create a signature talk or workshop for groups.
Past Presentations Include
- Sexual Violence Prevention Programming. United World College. September 2014.
- Sexual Violence Prevention Programming. Ohio State University. September 2014.
- Party On: Building Sex-Positive Party Culture, New Student Orientation Colorado School of Mines. August 2014.
- The Wall. Buena Vista University. April 2014
- Ed Talk: Advocating for Racial Justice in Educational Settings, Co-facilitated workshop with Danielle Barker of University of Wisconsin, 2014 White Privilege Conference.
- Ally: Moving from Stasis to Action. Suffolk University. February 2014.
- Party On: Building Sex-Positive Party Culture. Curry College. September 2013
- The Wall, Keynote Speech. University of South Dakota. March 2013. Vermillion, SD.
- Notions of TranscenDANCE: The Art of Partying and Leadership, Keynote Speech at the National Collegiate Leadership Conference. University of Arizona. February 2013. Tucson, AZ.
- The Tipping Point: Engaging Student Leaders, Amherst LEADS. Amherst College. November 2013. Amherst, MA.
- The Wall, New Student Orientation. Earlham College. October 2012. Richmond, IN.
- “Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy,” Making Prevention Education Fun, Rape Prevention and Education Institute. Tennessee Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence. October 2012. Nashville, TN.
- Beyond the Binary: Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence in LGBTQ Communities, Rape Prevention and Education Institute. Tennessee Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence. September 2011. Nashville, TN.