Social Media and Marketing Associate
Everyday Feminism is hiring a part-time Social Media and Marketing Associate who will be responsible for social media posting, moderation, newsletters, assisting with Speakers Bureau, and other tasks as needed.
This opportunity is a great match for someone who is strongly self-motivated and self-directed and is deeply familiar with the intersectional feminist space.
The Social Media and Marketing Associate will work from home and attends meetings via telephone and videoconferencing.
This part-time contractor position will have variable hours based on workload, but most weeks will average around 6-10 hours. The hourly rate will be $19/hr.
About Everyday Feminism
Founded in 2012, Everyday Feminism quickly grew from a small bootstrapped start-up into one of the most popular feminist online independent media sites in the world. Bringing a unique inside-out approach that applies intersectional feminism to our daily lives, our online magazine reaches millions of readers from over 140 countries every month. In 2018 we expanded our programs to include webinars and online trainings through our School for Social Justice.
- Social media posting on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (~2hrs/wk)
- Social media moderation (~2hrs/wk)
- Weekly Newsletter (~1.5hrs/wk)
- Speakers Bureau (~1hrs/wk)
- Other tasks as requested
- Passionate about and well-versed in intersectional feminism and feminist online spaces
- Minimum of at least one year of relevant work experience
- Must be familiar with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines with a focus on results
- Self-directed with strong ability and comfort with working independently and eager to learn, willing to experiment knowing it might fail, and able to admit mistakes or inexperience
- Strong ability to collaborating with a team and can comfortably give and receive feedback, share needs, and request support
- Familiarity with Canva, Mailchimp a plus
- Lives in the United States – due to the complexity of taxes and legalities of hiring employees in other countries, we are not accepting applications from outside the US
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Social Media and Marketing Associate - [Insert Your Name]" in the e-mail subject line.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone who is a full-time freelancer so can commit to the role for a longer period of time.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Everyday Feminism and as our Social Media and Marketing Associate? What makes you motivated to do this kind of work?
- Describe your background doing social media work. What kind of goals would you set for yourself in this position?
- What does intersectional feminism mean to you and how do you try to make sure your feminism intersectional and inclusive?
Because of the volume of applications received, Everyday Feminism will only contact people whose applications move forward. So unfortunately we are unable to accommodate requests for updates on your application status. Thank you for understanding!
Everyday Feminism is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. People with multiple marginalized identities are strongly encouraged to apply, including queer, trans, and disabled people, and people of color and size.