Ruben/Queer Xicano Chisme
Ruben, better known as Queer Xicano Chisme, is a multimedia content creator present across all social media. His work includes: curating a social justice blog, writing and editing essays, hosting and producing podcasts, as well as creating video content and other visual media. They employ their embodied knowledge, oral histories, and critical readings, as well as their experience as an organizer, educator, and healer to educate and entertain.
Ruben's work focuses on Latinx/Chicanx issues, QTPOC, lived and generational trauma, survivor advocacy, pop culture, social justice, and the ethical application of radical “chisme.” Their work has been featured in multiple publications and his podcasts average 10k listeners per episode across the world.
- Tending to Intangible Wounds: On Community Healing
- IRL/URL Empowerment: Community Building & Fictive Kinship on Social Media
- The Weight of Surviving: Rape & Rape Culture
- Saving My Femmenergy From Men and Toxic Masculinities
- Rethinking Chicanismo: A Critical Queer Reimagining of a Movement
Other topics may be available by request.
- Williams College, San Diego State University, Cal State San Marcos, San Diego City College: Tending to Intangible Wounds: On Community Healing
- Brown University: Queerness, Patriarchy, Nationalism, and the Future of Latinx/Chicanx Movements
- Stanford University: The Role of Machismo in Queer Communities
- Wellesley College, UC San Diego: Online Empowerment & Chisme: Tools Toward Community Building
- Colby College, Reed College, Cal State Northridge, University of Wisconsin-Madison: The Weight of Surviving: Rape and Rape Culture
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: On Being A Latinx Non-Binary Femme
- Cal State Fullerton, Whitman College: Saving My Femmenergy: On Men & Toxic Masculinities
- Sonoma State University: Ethical Chisme is Activism and Historicizing
Request for Speaker