Golda is a certified holistic health counselor and founder of Body Love Wellness, which offers one-to-one and group coaching for plus-sized women who are fed up with dieting and want support to stop obsessing about food and weight.
Her Health At Every Size® based programs and activism work have been featured on CBS’s The Early Show, ABC’s Nightline, NBC’s LX New York and in Time Out New York. She is the author of Stop Dieting Now: 25 Reasons To Stop, 25 Ways To Heal, available in softcover and Kindle.
Book Golda Now!
To arrange to have Golda speak at your event, please complete this form here and we will be in touch soon.
Her presentations include:
- You Have Nothing To Lose But Your Diet: How The Diet Industry Keeps Women “Small” – Preoccupation with food and weight has taken a major toll on women and girls over the last century. We know that dieting lowers dieters’ self esteem, affects their bodies in negative ways, and hurts their relationships with others and themselves. In this talk, Golda will examine the roots of the diet industry, its effect on women, and how we can all free ourselves from the bonds of weight oppression. For a preview, check out Golda’s article entitled, “What Diets And Deodorants Have In Common (It’s Probably Not What You Think)”.
- In Fatness And In Health: Why Assumptions About Health And Weight Are So Dangerous – In our culture, we read thinness as health, and fatness as sickness. In this talk, Golda will show how these stereotypes about health are harming thin people and fat people a like, and what we can do to change that. Check out her TEDx Talk on Why It’s Ok To Be Fat.
- Losing The Shame, Gaining Acceptance: Body Acceptance As A Peace Movement – Recent studies are showing that the illnesses that are sometimes correlated to obesity are really caused by stress fat folks endure from being shamed for their size. Body acceptance represents a possible way out — by accepting our bodies, we refuse to feel shame, and create a ripple effect of destigmatization. In this talk, Golda will explore how we can start to let go of our collective shame around our bodies, and begin to end the stigma faced by so many. For a preview, check out Golda’s article entitled, “You Have My Permission To Love And Accept Your Body, Just As It Is, Right This Minute”.
- Building Confidence Through Positive Body Image – Feeling comfortable in your own skin is the best way to feel confident and appear confident to others. In this talk, Golda will share proven techniques for how to feel great about yourself by changing your thoughts (not your body).
- Why Weight Loss Isn’t Always The Answer And What You Can Do Instead – 95% of people gain back any weight they lose on a diet. 83% gain back more than they lost. Diets are really only good for a few things — temporary weight loss, permanent weight gain, and making dieters obsessive about food and weight. In this talk, Golda will show you how to get off the diet roller coaster and create a safe, sane relationship with food.
All topics can be adapted to be presentations, keynote speeches, or workshops and can be tailored to the audience.
If you don’t see a topic that quite meets your needs but think we can cover it, just let us know. We are also willing to create a signature talk or workshop for groups.