Jamia Wilson is the director of the Feminist Press. Wilson has contributed to The New York Times, Rookie, Refinery 29, Glamour, Elle, The Today Show, CNN, BBC, and more. She is the author of Young, Gifted, and Black and wrote the oral history in Together We Rise: Behind the Scenes at the Protest Heard Around the World. She co-authored Road Map for Revolutionaries: Resistance, Advocacy, and Activism for All. The former Women, Action, and the Media Executive Director, TED Prize Storyteller, Planned Parenthood Federation of America youth organizer, and former Vice President of Programs at The Women’s Media Center, Jamia has been a powerful force in feminist and social justice movements for over a decade.
- Roadmap for Revolutionaries: Resistance for All
In the aftermath of Nov. 9, 2016, from the Women’s March to the March for Our Lives, everyday people are fired up to spark change in their communities and beyond. Although the global impact of our national situation didn’t happen overnight, people around the world are stepping up and turning out to ignite change. This talk explores questions about the role of visionary strategy, varied tactics, intersectional movement building, community care, and righteous solidarity in the service of long-term transformation.
- Let Your Voice Be Heard! Media and Leadership Development Workshop and Training
Discover how to claim your voice, break through the noise and be heard. We will focus on how to sharpen your message, gain the power and confidence to get your message out into the world, use media as your megaphone, and leverage social media to build your platform.
- Media Literacy Workshop: Media Representation, Gender, and Gun Violence
- Open Participation is Power: The Movement to End Online Harassment
- Intersectional Feminist Media & Publishing
Jamia Wilson regularly speaks for audiences across the United States--and beyond. She talks about activism, feminism, race, social justice, spirituality, youth engagement, women's leadership, and social media. Jamia also trains next generation activists (of all ages) on media literacy, grassroots organizing, media readiness, and using social media to ignite social change.
Other topics may also be available on request!
"A mix of humility and tenacity." - Dr. Cornel West from the Omega Institute Being Fearless conference
Past Talks and Workshops
- PEN World Voices
- The Together Live Tour
- Conde Nast HQ
- Brooklyn Historical Society
- Omega Institute: Being Fearless Keynote
- Refinery 29: R29 Dialogue on Race in America
- International House: Matters of Race moderator
- Ellevate: America's Future-Fast Tracking Issues Affecting Women
- SRI: Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing
Request for Speaker