Originally published on Elixher and cross-posted here with their permission.
How often do you get to see this?
In the media, queer women of color are often invisible, and we know that’s a shame. Boosting visibility can break down stereotypes, show the endless beauty of love between women of color, and empower more women to know they’re worth celebrating.
So here are 25 stunning photos of black queer women to make you swoon.
1. So precious.
5. THE best kind of selfies.
6. Too cute for words.
10. Picture perfect.
12. Can you handle the level of cuteness?!
13. Can you feel the love?
14. Grab the tissues in…five…
19. So many feels…
20. And laughs.
21. Just beautiful.
22. “I got you babe.”
24. Silly faces, kisses, and queers, oh my.
25. Welp, we’re believers again. Are you?
To learn more about this topic, check out:
- How the Black Community Can Be More Supportive of Black Queer Women
- 3 Reflections on the Intersection of Black and Gay
- 5 Ways to Rise Up Against Toxic Media Messages and Love Yourself as a Black Woman
ELIXHER is a GLAAD Media Award-nominated website and magazine. It is your go-to resource for all things empowering, thought-provoking, and pertinent to Black queer and trans women. ELIXHER was created by Kimberley McLeod, NYC-based media strategist and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) advocate.