Originally published on Robot Hugs and cross-posted here with their permission.
Please read the following Everyday Feminism articles to learn more about how to stand up to body shaming:
- How Body Love Can Change Society for the Better
- 4 Reasons Why We Should Stop Stigmatizing Women’s Body Hair
- How I Stopped Letting a Man Tell Me My Body Was ‘Too Wrinkled’ For Him
- Judging Others, Avoiding Ourselves: Grappling with Body Negativity
- Feminists Have Food and Body Image Issues Too: 5 Ways to Get Over the Shame
Robot Hugs is a webcomic that discusses identity, gender, and sexuality, explores depression and mental illness, and often includes cats. The creator lives in Toronto; they have a degree in Linguistics and a graduate degree in Information Studies. Specifically, they identify as a non-binary genderqueer peoplequeer mentally ill non-monogamous kinky critical feminist robot. Their hobbies include worrying, being concerned about things they can’t change, being angry, being uselessly angry, hiding from the world, and knitting. Follow Robot Hugs on Twitter @RobotHugsComic.