What does it mean to be an ally? You probably know that it involves fighting for a marginalized group that you’re not a part of – but do you know about the difference between being a passive ally and being a proactive one?
Here’s a fun comic that breaks down a slight shift in language that could make an effective difference. Instead of identifying as an ally, you could explore what it means to be an ally in training – and learn a lot along the way.
The Editors at Everyday Feminism
Click for the Transcript
To learn more, check out:
- 30 Ways to Be a Better Ally
- So You Call Yourself an Ally: 10 Things ‘Allies’ Need to Know
- 5 Reasons I Refuse to Call Myself an ‘Ally’ – And Why I Use Turncoat Instead
- 5 Tips for Being a Productive Ally
- Getting Called Out: How to Apologize
Meggie Ramm is a Contributing Comic Artist for Everyday Feminism. She is a cartoonist whose work primarily features stick figures. She currently resides in Oakland where she teaches comics, reads comics, and makes comics. Check out her comics here.
Search our 3000+ articles!
Our online racial justice training
Used by hundreds of universities, non-profits, and businesses.
Click to learn more